Spencer Hinton will spend one week this summer immersed in the political dynamics of the United Nations during the UN Intensive Summer Study Program, hosted by Seton Hall University, thanks to his experiences at UT.

“Aside from a diplomacy trip to Japan, I have a modest diplomacy acumen,” Hinton says. “Strengthening this part of my resume will suit me well for applying to diplomacy school.”

Hinton, who graduated from UT with a degree in Language and World Business(LWB), credits most of his success to one person – Lisa Parker, assistant director of LWB and lecturer in the Department of Modern Foreign Languages and Literatures.

“Most of the experiences that aided in my success come from Professor Parker’s MFLL 199 course,” Hinton says. “She sets her students up with a network and a host of opportunities and contacts with guest speakers from various sectors of international and local businesses.”

Created in the late 1980s, the LWB program at UT provides students interested in studying language, culture, and business with a curriculum designed to prepare them for careers in today’s global market and economy. It is the most popular major in the Department of Modern Foreign Languages and Literatures.

Read more on the Department of Modern Foreign Languages and Literatures website.