Help UT save energy this winter by following these simple steps.
- Use natural lighting when you can and turn off the lights when you leave the room.
- If you haven’t already, switch out your lightbulbs for more energy-efficient CFL or LED bulbs.
- Unplug what you aren’t using—make it as simple as flipping a switch by using power strips in high-use areas.
- UT’s Energy Conservation Policy sets the heat to 68 degrees in the cooler months so you can stay comfy in your cozy sweater.
- Remember to turn faucets all the way off when you’re finished using them. Leaks and drips add up, pouring gallons of water down the drain over time.
- Report leaking faucets or other facilities issues to the Facilities One Call at 865-946-777.
- Conserve energy during peak hours—winter peak hours are 5:00–11:00 a.m. Monday through Friday. For more information, visit environment.utk.edu/peak-energy.