For detailed information on specific move-in times for each residence hall, download the UT Housing Guidebook app or scroll through the schedule at the bottom of this page.
As you finish packing, check out this list of things to bring and items to leave at home.
When you arrive on campus, go directly to the main lobby of your assigned residence hall, where staff will direct you to your room.
The University Housing office will be open from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday in Student Services Building Room 405.
University Housing will hold your room until 1:00 p.m. Wednesday, August 20. If you cannot check in by then, please contact their office at 865-974-2571 for an extension.
The Office of Information Technology will be out at Presidential Courtyard from noon to 5:00 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday to help you with any problems you may have while setting up your computer.
One Stop Express Student Services will have special hours from 1:00 to 5:00 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday on the first floor of Hodges Library if you have questions about financial aid, registration, and fee payment.
UT Police officers will help direct traffic and point vehicles toward available parking areas. Be sure to check detailed driving directions to residence halls on the UT Housing Guidebook app.
For information on construction and improvement projects across campus, visit the Cone Zone.
Once you’ve settled in to your room, check the Welcome Week schedule for a list of activities and programs taking place Sunday, August 17, through Saturday, August 23. Your Welcome Week group assignment will be given to you at 9:00 p.m. on Saturday during your residence hall floor meeting.
Move-in dates and times
Monday, August 11
10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. – Ignite Serves and Ignite Summit Session 2 attendees
Wednesday, August 13
8:00 a.m. – Upper-division students
Thursday, August 14
9:00 a.m. – Sorority recruitment participants
Friday, August 15
Living and Learning Community participants will be able to check in during the following times:
- Honors (Fred D. Brown, Jr. Hall): 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Leadership and Service (Massey Hall): 1:00 to 5:00 p.m.
- Venture (Hess Hall): 1:00 to 5:00 p.m.
- Crescendo (North and South Carrick): 1:00 to 5:00 p.m.
- Compass and CASNR (Morrill Hall): 1:00 to 2:00 p.m.
- GreenHouse, ELLC, Pulse, and ConnectED (Morrill Hall): 2:30 to 4:00 p.m.
- Design, Baker, and Multicultural Mentoring Program (Morrill Hall): 4:00 to 5:00 p.m.
- Engage/RISER (Morrill Hall): 5:00 to 8:00 p.m.
- ECAP (Hess Hall): 1:00 to 5:00 p.m.
- Volunteer Bridge (Massey Hall): 1:00 to 5:00 p.m.
Saturday, August 16
All residence halls will open for first-year students at 8:00 a.m. with the exception of Reese Hall, which has the following adjusted times:
- 8:00 a.m. – Floors G, 2, 4, and 6
- 1:00 p.m. – Floors 1, 3, and 5