Insurance Enrollment and Change Deadline Is Friday
Enrollment for the state of Tennessee’s health, dental, vision, basic and term life, long-term care, long-term disability, and optional special accident programs began October 1 and will conclude Friday, November 1. No action is required if you are happy with your current benefit selections.
If you have not already, please take the time to:
- Enroll in programs
- Change carriers or options
- Add dependents
- Cancel coverage
The options you choose during the enrollment period are effective January 1 through December 31, 2014.
Everything is done online through the state’s self-service program, and instructions are available at partnersforhealthtn.gov. Login and password information was mailed to employee home addresses in mid-September. If you did not receive this information or have questions about using the state’s online system, call 800-253-9981, option 3.
The following changes are in store for 2014:
- Health premiums will increase by 5.5 percent. If you keep the same carrier (BlueCross or Cigna), increases will be between $5.97 a month for individual coverage and $15.52 a month for family coverage.
- Dental premiums will increase by 3 percent.
- More services and charges will now count toward your out-of-pocket copay maximum to provide additional financial protection (for example, emergency room, chiropractic, and urgent care in-network visits).
- A pharmacy out-of-pocket copay maximum will apply in network.
The UT System Payroll Office is available to answer your questions at 865-974-5251.