The luncheons are held at 11:30 a.m. on Thursdays through December 5 in the UT Visitors Center on Neyland Drive.
The cafe is a full-service international dining experience. Lunch consists of intermezzo or small appetizer, salad, entrée, and dessert.
Cost is $12 and the faculty-staff discount does not apply. Advance tickets are required. For tickets, see Marcia Johnson in 110 Jessie Harris Building, call 865-974-6645 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Cash, checks, and credit cards are accepted.
Thursday’s menu is as follows:
- First course: Escargots à la Bourguignonne (snails)
- Second course: Pate maison (duck liver pate)
- Third course: Magret de canard aux cerises (duck with cherries), served with pureed pommes de terre (potatoes) and sauteed haricot verts (French green beans)
- Fourth course: Cheese, including gourmandise with walnuts and Roquefort
- Dessert: Pots de crème (custard)
The dates and themes for the remaining luncheons are as follows:
- Oct. 31—France
- Nov. 7—Japan
- Nov. 14—Japan
- Nov. 21—Spain
- Dec. 5—French-Japanese fusion
The luncheons are produced through a collaboration of HRT 445 (the Advanced Food Production and Service Management class), the UT Culinary Institute, and the Pellissippi Culinary Institute.
Marcia Johnson (for tickets): (865-974-6645, email@example.com)
Lola Alapo (865-974-3993, firstname.lastname@example.org)