To: UT Faculty, Staff, and Students
From: Chancellor Jimmy G. Cheek
Subject: Search for Vice Chancellor for Student Life
The search for our new vice chancellor for student life is now under way. This critical position serves on my cabinet and leads the Division of Student Life by engaging, serving, and supporting students throughout their academic careers at the university. View a full job position here.
Linda Hendricks, vice chancellor for human resources, is chairing the search. The goal is to fill the position by January 2014.
Committee members include
- Jake Baker, senior and current student body president;
- Will Carver, alumnus and former Student Government Association president;
- Frank Cuevas, executive director of UT Housing;
- Ruth Darling, assistant provost for student success;
- Rickey Hall, vice chancellor for diversity;
- Steve Mangum, dean of the College of Business Administration;
- Jeff Maples, senior associate vice chancellor for finance and administration;
- Katrice Morgan, assistant dean of student affairs in the College of Law;
- Masood Parang, associate dean for academic and student affairs in the College of Engineering;
- Emily Parker, director of New Student and Family Programs;
- Julia Ross, junior and Haslam Scholar;
- Todd Skelton, law student;
- Tyvi Small, director of the College of Business Administration’s Office of Diversity and Community Relations;
- Forbes Smallwood, senior and president of the Student Alumni Associates; and
- Mike Ward, senior associate athletic director.
The committee is taking applications and nominations through August 6.