UT’s Office of Communications and Marketing has been recognized by its peers in the regional advertising, communications, and marketing industry for its work in promoting the university.
The office recently took home seven awards from the Volunteer Chapter of the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA), including Awards of Excellence for events surrounding the campus’s visit from the Today Show last fall and the Big Orange. Big Ideas. branding campaign. The chapter also recognized UT’s Cone Zone communications efforts, the chancellor’s annual report, the Big Orange. Big Ideas. commercial, a new admissions video, and a video that was created for the visitor’s center.
The office also received eight prestigious bronze Telly Awards for the following video projects:
- Regional TV and Multi-Market Cable – Schools/Colleges/Universities—Institutional Public Service Announcement: Big Orange. Big Ideas.
- Non-broadcast Productions – Videography/cinematography—Admissions 2012: Change the World
- Non-broadcast Productions – Art Direction—Admissions 2012: Change the World
- Non-broadcast Productions Miscellaneous—UT Admissions 2012: Change the World – Non-Broadcast Productions
- Non-broadcast Productions – Motivational—UT Freshmen Orientation 2012
- Local TV and Local Cable – Public Service—Tennessee Health Insurance
- Non-broadcast Productions – Social Issues—The Gang Thang: Choose Not to Lose
- Branded Content – Promotional Branding—UT Branding: BIG Orange. Big Ideas.
Last month the university was recognized by the Knoxville chapter of the AIGA, a professional association for design. At the 2013 AIGA TENNShow, UT received silver awards for its college viewbook and Cone Zone communication efforts, and a bronze award for the 2012 Fall Festival poster.
The communications and marketing team also was a big winner at the Tennessee Colleges Public Relations Association (TCPRA) awards banquet earlier this month.
Best in Show:
- Admissions Video
- College viewbooks for UT Knoxville Viewbook
- Media success story for Today Show
- College/alumni magazine, printed for Torchbearer
- Web page/site for “Welcome Week”
- Specialty item for “Regional Map”
- Radio/TV show or newscast for Ireland Documentary
- College promotional video for Admissions Video
- News release for “UT Renovates Classroom Building for Focus on Student Collaboration”
- Feature/news story in college/alumni magazine for “From the Schoolhouse to the Smokehouse”
- Social media success story for “Commencement”
- College/alumni magazine, printed for Accolades
- College promotional video for Orientation Video
- Newsletter, electronic for Chancellor Newsletter
- College/alumni magazine, printed for Quest
- Reports for Chancellor’s Report
- Overall promotional campaign for “Cone Zone”
- Video advertisement/PSA series for What’s Your Big Idea?
- College promotional video for “Big Orange. Big Ideas.” spot
- Special event, seven days or less for Today Show
This was the second large group of awards this year for the Office of Communications and Marketing, which previously received recognition from the American Advertising Federation and the Council for Advancement and Support of Education. Read more about those honors in Tennessee Today.