Impact and Student Alumni Associates, two student groups in the Office of Development and Alumni Affairs, created “I Heart UT Week.” They are collaborating with the Central Program Council to provide some of the week’s events, including the annual Volapalooza concert.
“‘I Heart UT Week’ is an opportunity for students not only to get excited about our wonderful university but to also see the many ways they can give back,” said Paige Atchley, president of Impact and junior in marketing.
Events scheduled include:
- Photo Contest: Participants can post pictures of why they love UT to the I Heart UT Facebook page. Winners will be chosen at the end of the week.
Saturday, April 20
- 9:00 a.m.–noon, Day of Service: Participants can make UT beautiful by joining in a campus clean-up.
- 2 p.m., Orange and White Game: Football fans can come to Neyland Stadium for a free preseason scrimmage.
Sunday, April 21
- 2:00 p.m., Ole Miss Baseball Game: Baseball fans can watch the Vols take on the Rebel Black Bears at Lindsey Nelson Stadium.
Monday, April 22
- Big Orange Breakfast: People on the Joe Johnson and John Ward Pedestrian Walkway can grab a free doughnut.
- 1:00 p.m., I Heart UTea: Free iced tea will be available on Pedestrian Walkway.
- 6:00 p.m., Stress Relief Party: Attendees can unwind with inflatables, ice cream, and music at the Humanities Amphitheater.
- 9:00 p.m., Wreck It Ralph: Watch the animated film at the Humanities Amphitheater.
Tuesday, April 23
- All day, Keep Tennessee Orange: People wearing orange on campus could win a prize.
- 1:00–4:00 p.m., Decal Drive-Thru: UT seniors can drive to Tyson Alumni House and grab a “Vol for Life” alumni decal for their car.
Wednesday, April 24
- 9:00 a.m.–3:00 p.m., Thank UT Day: Participants can fill out postcards on Pedestrian Walkway to thank alumni.
- 3:00–5:00 p.m., Ice Cream Social: People can drop by the Tyson Alumni House for a sweet afternoon treat.
Thursday, April 25
- 9:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m., Canned Food Drive: Students can bring canned food to the Pedestrian Walkway. The first 250 students to donate three cans will receive a free tank top.
- 11:00 a.m.–3:00 p.m., Class Ring Distribution: Students can pick up their official UT ring at Tyson Alumni House.
- 7:30 p.m., Carnicus: People can watch various student groups compete in skits in Alumni Memorial Building’s Cox Auditorium. Tickets can be purchased online.
- 9:00 p.m.–midnight, Rocky Top Rave: Students can dance the night away on the Hill.
Friday, April 26
- 4:00–7:00 p.m., FestiVOL: Students can gather in Presidential Courtyard for a carnival-like celebration with food, giveaways, and music before Volapalooza.
- 7:00 p.m., Volapalooza: This year’s show includes rapper Tyga with special guests DJ Mike Nasty and Beats Antique. Students must purchase tickets at the Central Ticket Office in the University Center, and general admission tickets can be purchased online.
Impact is a student organization that aims to develop philanthropy among students and educate them on the importance of alumni support,
The Student Alumni Associates work with the UT Alumni Association to provide an enriched relationship between students and alumni.
For more information, visit the I Heart UT Week page on the UT Alumni Association website.
C O N T A C T :
Desiree Krichbaum (865-974-3011, email@example.com)