A new benefit has been added and another will be improved as employees consider additions and changes to their insurance and related benefits. New perks include a vision coverage plan and an improved flexible spending program with a debit card for eligible expenses.
Open enrollment for faculty and staff who wish to elect and/or change their insurance and other benefits began October 1. All changes must be made online by November 1.
Faculty and staff can find out about the Flexible Spending Program by attending an information session set for 9:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m., Friday, October 12, in the University Center Shiloh Room. Representatives also will be set up at the Fall Festival on October 12 to answer questions from attendees.
Feedback submitted through employee relations councils and other forums helped bring about the new vision coverage and improvements to the flexible benefits plan.
Some benefits include:
- Basic and extended plan options
- Affordable monthly premiums ranging from $3.27 to $16.84
- Large network of physicians
- Annual routine eye exams
- Frames, lenses, contact lens, discount on Lasik surgery
Flexible Spending Program:
- Using pre-tax dollars to pay certain medical and dependent care expenses such as co-pays, daycare, prescriptions, and prescribed over-the-counter medications
- Debit card for making approved purchases
- Smartphone app for accessing account information
Detailed information about the new offerings was sent to home and office addresses and is available at insurance.tennessee.edu. For more detail about flexible benefits, visit flexiblebenefits.tennessee.edu.
Employees with questions should contact UT Payroll at 865-974-5251.