Each day this week, stories and videos about faculty are being featured on the Tennessee Today website. All of the Faculty Appreciation Week stories and videos will be collected and archived at tiny.utk.edu/FAW.
In celebration of Faculty Appreciation Week, students, alumni, faculty, staff and others are invited to send a “shout out” to your favorite faculty member or read what others have written. Find the shout out page at tiny.utk.edu/shout.
Watch the video below for more faculty shout outs from UT some of our students.
Here are more details about today’s special events, as well as events scheduled for the rest of the week:
- Coffee and doughnuts–Grab-and-go stations with free coffee and doughnuts for faculty will be set up from 7:30 to 8:30 a.m. at Ayres Hall, the Pedestrian Walkway (the Volunteer Boulevard end), and Morgan Hall. The breakfast is provided by the Thornton Center, Student Success Center, the Center for International Education, and the Office of Multicultural Student Life.
- Men’s basketball game—The Vols play Arkansas at 8:00 p.m. in Thompson-Boling Arena. Faculty will be saluted during the game. Faculty and staff can purchase tickets for $7. Visit the UT Ticket Office, call 865-656-1200, or order online at http://tinyurl.com/7dm9waf or at UTTIX.com, using promotional code UTKBB12.
Thursday, February 16
- Coffee and doughnuts—Grab-and-go stations with free coffee and doughnuts for faculty will be set up from 7:30 to 8:30 a.m. at Ayres Hall, the Pedestrian Walkway (the Volunteer Boulevard end), and Morgan Hall. The breakfast is provided by the Thornton Center, Student Success Center, the Center for International Education, and the Office of Multicultural Student Life.
- Initiating a Better Work/Life Balance—This interactive workshop, sponsored by the Tennessee Teaching and Learning Center, will explore ideas for better time management. The workshop will take place from noon to 1:15 p.m. in the University Center Crest Room. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Faculty Pub—The Faculty Pub will be open from 4:00 to 7:00 p.m. in the Bridgeview Grill on Neyland Drive, with free parking in the staff lot across the street. The Boling, Brown, and Holloway Jazz Trio (faculty members Mark Boling, Keith Brown, and Rusty Holloway) will be performing and there will be free appetizers, compliments of Aramark, giveaways and special recognition of faculty.
- Showcasing faculty books, research—Books authored by UT faculty will be on display throughout the week in the Dixie Marie Wooten Commons West of Hodges Library (Melrose entrance). The display also will highlight faculty members who have made their scholarship openly available online at the Tennessee Research and Creative Exchange (TRACE) digital archive. Faculty members are invited to learn how to preserve and showcase their published and unpublished work in SelectedWorks at trace.tennessee.edu.
- UT Bookstore discount—The bookstore will offer a 20 percent discount to faculty and staff with their UT ID. The discount will not include textbooks, special orders, select trade books, and minimal select general merchandise (such as the “We Back Pat” shirts).
- Aramark freebies and discounts—With their UT ID card, faculty can enjoy: free tea with entrée purchase at McAlister’s deli located in the Arena Café; free donut with small coffee purchase at Dunkin Donuts at Volunteer Hall on White Avenue; $5 Friday at the Presidential Court Café and the Southern Kitchen; and a free tall coffee at Starbucks with the purchase of a breakfast sandwich or pastry.
C O N T A C T :
Amy Blakely (865-974-5034, email@example.com)