The first regular season home game for the men is Friday, November 11, against UNC Greensboro. The Lady Vols begin their regular season home schedule against Pepperdine University on November 13.
Many of the same security measures from last year remain in place:
- For men’s games, gates will open ninety minutes before tipoff.
- For women’s games, gates will open sixty minutes before tipoff.
- Everyone, regardless of age, must have a ticket in order to enter the arena.
- Students are required to enter the gates off the west ramp.
- Artificial noisemakers are not allowed.
- No signage larger than 8 1/2 inches by 11 inches.
- Possession or use of alcohol is prohibited.
- Smoking is not allowed inside the arena.
- Video recording devices and professional-grade cameras are not permitted.
- Radios with headphones, other small electronic devices and diaper bags accompanying infants are permitted.
- All items are subject to search or inspection, and hand-held metal detectors may be used.
This year, bags larger than twelve inches by twelve inches are prohibited in the arena. This is the standard in use by a growing number of collegiate sports facilities. Items larger than this standard size, as well as other prohibited items, cannot be stored at any gate. To assist fans, boxes demonstrating the proper bag size are at arena gates.
Basketball fans with permits can park in designated lots adjacent to the arena. Free parking is available on the agriculture campus with complimetnary shuttle service to the arena.
Normally, the section of Phillip Fulmer Way from Cumberland Avenue to Andy Holt Avenue runs one way southbound. Once the regular season commences, traffic on that section of Phillip Fulmer Way temporarily will be reversed, running one way northbound to Cumberland Avenue, to assist with post-game traffic. The section of Phillip Fulmer Way in front of the arena, between Lake Loudoun Boulevard and the G-10 garage, will close fifteen minutes before tipoff and remain closed until the conclusion of the game.
For more information about Thompson-Boling Arena and other athletics facilities, visit http://www.utsports.com/facilities/index.html.
C O N T A C T :
Jeff Maples (865-974-3061, email@example.com)
Brian Browning (865-974-3061, firstname.lastname@example.org)
Charles Primm (865-974-5180, email@example.com)