An internal search has begun to fill the vice chancellor for development and alumni affairs position for the Knoxville campus. Chancellor Jimmy G. Cheek announced last month that Linda Davidson, who currently serves as vice chancellor, will be joining the UT system staff.
Applications are being accepted through October 19. The vice chancellor is chief development officer for UT Knoxville and is responsible for achieving its fundraising goals and objectives in support of becoming a Top 25 public research university. The position reports jointly to the chancellor and the president and chief executive officer of the UT Foundation.
Margie Nichols, vice chancellor for communications, is chairing the search.
Committee members are:
- Andrea Loughry, UT trustee emerita and chair of the UT Foundation board;
- Vince Anfara, president of the Faculty Senate and professor and chair of the Department of Educational Leadership and Policy Studies;
- Mintha Roach, president and chief executive officer for the Knoxville Utilities Board, president of the UT Knoxville Alumni Board of Directors, and past chair of the Chancellor’s Associates;
- Phyllis Moore, director of alumni affairs;
- Debby Powell, development director for the College of Nursing;
- Ross Rowland, president of the Student Government Association;
- John Scheb, professor and head of the Department of Political Science and faculty associate for the Howard H. Baker Jr. Center for Public Policy; and
- Jan Williams, dean of the College of Business Administration and the Stokely Foundation Leadership Chair.
The job description and application instructions have been posted on the university’s employment website.