Faculty Senate President Joan Heminway and current President-elect Vincent Anfara this week announced the results of the recent Faculty Senate election.
The new Faculty Senate president-elect is Steve R. Thomas. Anfara moves up to president and Thomas begins his term as president-elect on July 1.
Also elected were the new members of the Faculty Senate that represent each college. These new members begin their three-year terms on August 1. The new Faculty Senate members are:
• Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources: Christopher Clark, Kurt Lamour, Curtis Stewart, and Mark Windham
• Arts and Sciences: Humanities—Natalia Pervukhin and Christine (Tina) Shepardson; Natural Sciences—Jerzy Dydak, James Conant, Fernando Schwartz-Weinberger, Rebecca A. Prosser, and Tom Handler; Social Sciences— Tricia Redeker Hepner and Wonjae Hwang
• Business Administration: Lloyd Rinehart and Randal Pierce
• Communication and Information: Bharat Mehra
• Education, Health, and Human Sciences: Guoxun Chen and Mary Ziegler
• Engineering: Alberto Garcia, Paul Crilly, and Bruce MacLennan
• Law: Nathan Preuss
• Libraries: Donna Braquet
• ROTC: Lt. Col. Brian Delamater and Lt. Col. Danny Kelley (alternate)
• Social Work: Becky Bolen
• Veterinary Medicine: Kim Newkirk
• Administrative member: Donna Thomas and Ernest Brothers
To learn more about the Faculty Senate, visit http://web.utk.edu/~senate/.