Reserve Your Spot Now: UT Faculty Appreciation Week is Feb. 14-18
KNOXVILLE — Faculty Appreciation Week will be celebrated next week, Feb. 14-18, at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, and now is the time to make reservations for some of the special events planned for that week.
It’s also time to send a “shout out” to your favorite faculty member or read what others have written. Find the shout out page at http://www.utk.edu/faculty/appreciation/shout-out/.
Here are the special events planned for Faculty Appreciation Week:
Monday, Feb. 14
- Distinguished Faculty Reception, 5 to 6:30 p.m., Howard H. Baker Jr. Center for Public Policy. This special event recognizes some of our most accomplished faculty members for their achievements on campus and in professional organizations. This event is by invitation only.
Tuesday, Feb. 15
- Campaign “Thank You” Breakfast, 7:30 to 9 a.m., Carolyn P. Brown University Center Ballroom. The Office of Development is coordinating a “thank you” breakfast for faculty and staff who donated to the Campaign for Tennessee. This invitation-only event will be hosted by Chancellor Jimmy G. Cheek and sponsored by Aramark.
- Night at the Museum, 5 p.m., McClung Museum. Faculty members are invited to enjoy an hors d’oeuvres reception hosted by the Tennessee Teaching and Learning Center and McClung Museum. Participants will experience the map exhibit in a fun way and learn how to use the museum within course pedagogy. Please RSVP to email@example.com or call Kelly Ellenburg at 974-3807.
Wednesday, Feb. 16
- Faculty/staff celebration at Vols vs. S.C., 7 p.m. Thompson-Boling Arena. Faculty and staff can get $7 tickets by visiting http://www.uttix.com. Click on “Vols Tix” and then choose “Promotional Code.” Log in with UTEMPLOYEE. Complete the order. There is a $1.25 processing fee.
Thursday, Feb. 17
- Interactive Faculty Luncheon, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., Crest Room, University Center. The Tennessee Teaching and Learning Center and the Provost’s office are sponsoring this luncheon, which will feature TLC Director David Schumann discussing “Co-Creation of Value in the Classroom: Building Partnerships that Enhance Student Learning.” Please RSVP by Friday, Feb. 11, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Faculty/staff celebration at Lady Vols vs. S.C., 7 p.m. Thompson-Boling Arena. Faculty and staff can get $7 tickets by visiting http://www.uttix.com. Click on “Lady Vols Tix” and then choose “Promotional Code.” Log in with UTEMPLOYEE. Complete the order. There is a $1.25 processing fee.
C O N T A C T :
Amy Blakely, (865-974-5034, email@example.com)