UT to Celebrate Faculty Appreciation Week, Feb. 14-18
Faculty Appreciation Week debuted last year as a way to offer special recognition to faculty whose teaching, research and outreach activities have helped make UT Knoxville a great university.
Throughout Faculty Appreciation Week, Tennessee Today will feature stories about some of UT’s accomplished faculty. Many of these stories are based on comments submitted by students, alumni and others. Tennessee Today also will feature videos of students and student-athletes talking about faculty and staff who have meant a lot to them. Two other videos feature notable alumni — Tony-award winning actor John Cullum and President Barack Obama’s Deputy Chief of Staff Nancy-Anne DeParle — reminiscing about their favorite UT faculty.
Also in celebration of Faculty Appreciation Week, you can once again send a “shout out” to your favorite faculty member or read what others have written. Find the shout out page at http://www.utk.edu/faculty/appreciation/shout-out/.
Several special events have been planned to celebrate Faculty Appreciation Week:
Monday, Feb. 14
- Distinguished Faculty Reception, 5 to 6:30 p.m., Howard H. Baker Jr. Center for Public Policy. This special event recognizes some of our most accomplished faculty members for their achievements on campus and in professional organizations. This event is by invitation only.
Tuesday, Feb. 15
- Campaign “Thank You” Breakfast, 7:30 to 9 a.m., Carolyn P. Brown University Center Ballroom. The Office of Development will invite faculty and staff to drop in for breakfast as a “thank you” for donating to the Campaign for Tennessee.
- Night at the Museum, 5 p.m., McClung Museum. Faculty members are invited to enjoy an hors d’oeuvres reception hosted by the Tennessee Teaching and Learning Center and McClung Museum. Participants will experience the map exhibit in a fun way and learn how to use the museum within course pedagogy. Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Kelly Ellenburg at 974-3807.
Wednesday, Feb. 16
- Faculty/staff celebration at Vols vs. S.C., 7 p.m. Thompson-Boling Arena. Faculty and staff can get $7 tickets by visiting http://www.uttix.com. Click on “Vols Tix” and then choose “Promotional Code.” Log in with UTEMPLOYEE. Complete the order. There is a $1.25 processing fee.
Thursday, Feb. 17
- Interactive Faculty Luncheon, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., Crest Room, University Center. The Tennessee Teaching and Learning Center and the Provost’s office are sponsoring this luncheon, which will feature TLC Director David Schumann discussing “Co-Creation of Value in the Classroom: Building Partnerships that Enhance Student Learning.” Please RSVP by Friday, Feb. 11, to email@example.com.
- Faculty/staff celebration at Lady Vols vs. S.C., 7 p.m. Thompson-Boling Arena. Faculty and staff can get $7 tickets by visiting http://www.uttix.com. Click on “Lady Vols Tix” and then choose “Promotional Code.” Log in with UTEMPLOYEE. Complete the order. There is a $1.25 processing fee.
C O N T A C T :
Amy Blakely, (865-974-5034, firstname.lastname@example.org)