Call for Nominations for Chancellor’s Ready for the World Citation
In 2005, the University of Tennessee submitted a Quality Enhancement Plan for SACS reaccreditation that has since become known on campus as the Ready for the World program. The Chancellor’s goals for student learning through this program envision that every UT graduate will possess the following characteristics:
- a worldview that recognizes, understands and celebrates the complexity of cultures and people;
- competence in cross-cultural communication, both domestic and international;
- the capacity to think critically about international and intercultural issues;
- the understanding that knowledge is global; and
- a passion for life-long engagement with global learning.
In recognition of those who have dedicated time and energy toward meeting these challenging goals, the Chancellor initiated a new award to be given to a faculty member who has worked in exceptional ways — for instance, through curriculum infusion projects or extended study abroad programs — to enhance intercultural and international awareness among undergraduates. The recipient of this award will be recognized at the annual Chancellor’s Honors Banquet held in the spring and also will receive a certificate of achievement and a $2,500 award.
Each UTK academic department or program may nominate one faculty member. The nomination document should consist of a one-page letter describing the nominee’s work and his or her impact upon undergraduate education. The original and 5 copies should be sent to:
The Global Awards Committee
Attention: Sally McMillan, Vice Provost for Academic Affairs
527 Andy Holt Tower
Knoxville, TN 37996-0152
The deadline for receipt of materials is Feb. 4, 2011.