KNOXVILLE – Twenty new members have joined the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Chancellor’s Associates.
The group, composed of business, professional and community leaders from the Knoxville area, help build public understanding of and support for the university. They serve three-year terms and meet monthly to learn about and interact with the university.
“UT is an important part of Knoxville, and much of our strength comes from those in our community taking an active interest in our development,” said Chancellor Jimmy G. Cheek. “These associates hear from UT faculty, researchers and students to learn about the exciting projects we are involved in now and will be in the future. They play a vital role in sharing the university’s good news with the community.”
The 2010-2011 chair of the group is Rhonda Rice, executive vice president of the Knoxville Chamber of Commerce. The chair-elect is Arnold Cohen, an attorney with Dunn, MacDonald and Reynolds, PC.
Additional members of the 2010 class include:
- Katherine Banner, curriculum principal, Austin East Magnet High School
- Rosanne Barker, sleep medicine physician, Barker Sleep Medicine Professionals, PLLC
- Tasha Blakney, attorney, Eldridge & Blakney, PC
- Bruce Bosse, president, Merit Construction Inc. and immediate past Chancellor’s Associates chair
- Mike Cohen, executive vice president, Ackermann Public Relations
- Gloria Deathridge, realtor, Realty Executives Associates
- Jeff Gubitz, executive director, Knoxville Jewish Alliance
- Richard Harb, regional practice administrator, East Tennessee Children’s Hospital
- Nancy Johnson, vice president, B&W Technical Services
- Mary Lou Kanipe, retired educator with Knox County School System
- Carolyn Lawrence, vice president of corporate services and director of nutrition services, Summit View Health Services, LLC
- J. Ford Little, attorney, Woolf, McClane, Bright, Allen & Carpenter, PLLC
- Sam McKenzie, Spallation Neutron Source site operations manager, ESH & Radiological, Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- Johnny Moore, assistant manager for science, U.S. Department of Energy
- Julie Morris, director of marketing and community relations, WBIR-TV
- Joe Petre, senior vice president, Sperry Van Ness/R.M. Moore, LLC
- J. Daniel Pressley, vice president, Lattimore, Black, Morgan & Cain, PC
- Pace Robinson, chief executive officer, Modern Supply Co.
- Barrett Simonis, vice president, Pugh and Co., PC
- Chris Soro, chief executive officer, C2RL Inc. Engineers
- Rick Tinker, president, Skier’s Choice Inc.
Chancellor’s Associates were first selected in 1972 and since then have been an important link between the Knoxville community and UT campus.
C O N T A C T :
Eric Haag, Alumni Affairs, (865-974-3011,firstname.lastname@example.org)
Beth Gladden, Media Relations, (865-974-9008, email@example.com)