Learn More About New Banner Student Information System
Posted on September 11, 2010 5:59 pm • Categorized as News Brief
UT Knoxville faculty and staff are invited to attend an overview of the new Banner student information system. These sessions will be held in the University Center Shiloh Room at various times over the next few weeks.
Each session will last 30 to 45 minutes, and is designed to help participants become more familiar with the new Banner software suite. All faculty and staff are encouraged to attend a session, although those who already received official training from Peggy Love will not need to attend.
Sign up for a training session by downloading and completing this PDF form:
What is Banner?
Banner integrates information from various student processes into one system, offering Web access to student information in one central location.
The Banner system is divided into modules. At UT Knoxville, the following modules are being implemented:
- Academic history
- Accounts receivable
Self Service Banner (SSB) will replace Circle Park Online (CPO):
- On September 20, the timetable will be available to view in SSB.
- On September 30, students will register for spring semester 2011 in SSB.
Faculty, staff and students will access Self Service Banner (SSB) through the portal MyUTK. The MyUTK portal will be available starting on September 20. It will link you to numerous options according to your role.
Faculty and Staff
- Advisee Information (Academic history, DARS, student schedule, clear for registration)
- Class rosters
- Teaching schedule
- Academic history
- Course schedule
- Financial Aid
- Registration, Drop/Add
Following is a list of administrative contacts for any questions regarding the Banner project:
OIT Help Desk, 974-9900
Office of the University Registrar:
- Peggy Love, 974-4471, email@example.com
- Kathy Abbott, 974-1507, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jennifer Hardy, 974-1310, email@example.com
- Celena Tulloss, 974-3131, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deb Glenn, 974-3131, email@example.com
- Norma Harrington, 974-7725, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jim Post, 974-6761, email@example.com
- Kay Reed, 974-8728, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Greg Tipps, 974-3251, email@example.com
- Susan Forman, 974-1384, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dee Fortenberry, 974-1380, email@example.com