UT Commencements Broadcast on Web and Comcast Cable
KNOXVILLE — For friends and relatives who can’t attend this week’s University of Tennessee, Knoxville, commencement ceremonies, nine of this week’s graduations will be televised on UTTV, channel 65 for on-campus viewers and Comcast digital channel 194 for Comcast cable subscribers in the greater Knoxville area.
Eight ceremonies will be webcast and archived for viewing later.
More than 4,300 undergraduate or graduate students will receive degrees from UT Knoxville this spring. For additional information about the ceremonies, visit http://www.utk.edu/commencement/spring10/.
The televised commencement schedule is as follows:
Wednesday, May 12
- 8:30 a.m. College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources
- 11:30 a.m. College of Engineering
- 3:30 p.m. College of Communication and Information. The webcast can be viewed online.
Thursday, May 13
- 8:30 a.m. College of Education, Health and Human Sciences. The webcast can be viewed online.
- 1 p.m. College of Nursing
- 4:30 p.m. Graduate Hooding
Friday, May 14
- 8:30 a.m. College of Arts and Sciences. The webcast can be viewed online.
- 2 p.m. College of Business Administration. The webcast can be viewed online.
- 5 p.m. College of Law. The webcast can be viewed online.
There are a total of 13 commencement ceremonies to be held on campus during the week. Only the commencement ceremonies being held inside Thompson-Boling Arena are to be televised.
Information for the media, including event registration, can be viewed at http://tntoday.utk.edu/2010/05/04/capacity-crowd-commencement-al-gore/.
C O N T A C T :
Whitney Holmes (865-974-5460 or 865-235-3302 or firstname.lastname@example.org)
Karen Collins (865-974-5186 or 865-216-6862 or email@example.com)