KNOXVILLE — Is there a UT professor, researcher or lecturer who deserves a special pat on the back for the great work they do?
If so, Faculty Appreciation Week, which begins tomorrow and runs through Feb. 23, is the perfect time to say “thank you.”
[flowplayer video=”FacApp_CheekFINAL_F8_HQ” width=”480″ height=”295″ captions=”http://tntoday.utk.edu/media/FacultyAppreciation_Cheekvideo.xml” splash=”http://tntoday.utk.edu/wp-content/uploads/faculty-appreciation-week.jpg” /]
In celebration of Faculty Appreciation Week, you can send a shout out to your favorite faculty member or read what others have written.
Faculty Appreciation Week is a new event intended to offer special recognition to faculty whose teaching, research and outreach activities have helped make UT Knoxville a great university.
In honor of Faculty Appreciation Week, Tennessee Today will feature stories and videos based on comments about great faculty members submitted by students, alumni and others.
Also this week, area merchants will offer a variety of discounts for UT faculty.
Among the special events planned to celebrate Faculty Appreciation Week:
Wednesday, Feb. 17
- Discount tickets to UT men’s basketball vs. Georgia. Faculty can get $7 tickets by logging onto http://www.uttix.com. Click on “VOLS TIX” at the top of the page, choose “GROUP TICKET WINDOW,” and sign in (ID=faculty; password=staff). There is a $1.25 processing fee.
Monday, Feb. 22
- “Night at the Museum.” To be held from 5 to 6:30 p.m. at McClung Museum, this event will include a reception with hors d’oeuvres, a scavenger hunt and a presentation about how to use the museum’s resources. The event is hosted by the Tennessee Teaching and Learning Center and the McClung Museum and sponsored by the Provost’s Office.
- Discount tickets to UT Lady Vols basketball vs. LSU. Faculty can get $7 tickets by logging onto http://www.uttix.com. Click on “LADY VOLS TIX” at the top of the page, choose “GROUP TICKET WINDOW,” and sign in (ID=faculty; password=staff). There is a $1.25 processing fee.
Tuesday, Feb. 23
- Free continental breakfast for faculty. Sponsored by Student Alumni Associates, the drop-in breakfast will be available between 7 to 9:30 a.m. at Tyson Alumni House.
- “Charley’s Aunt” and reception at Clarence Brown Theatre. Due to high demand, all tickets have been distributed for this event. Another free showing of “Charley’s Aunt” for faculty will be held on March 2. Click here for more information.
- Luncheon Colloquium. The Tennessee Teaching and Learning Center and the College of Education, Health and Human Sciences are sponsoring this event at noon in the University Center’s Shiloh Room. RSVP by noon on Feb. 19 to reserve a free box lunch. Jan Allen, formerly of UT Knoxville and now of Columbia University, will talk about “Applying the Results of New Brain Functioning Studies to Teaching Today’s College Students.”
Amy Blakely (865-974-5034, email@example.com)