KNOXVILLE — As educators and researchers, faculty help make the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, one of America’s great universities.
The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, will celebrate the hard work and dedication of its faculty during a new event, Faculty Appreciation Week, from Feb. 17-23.
DISCOUNTS FOR THE WEEK
- Mellow Mushroom – 2-for-1 small specialty pizzas for all faculty during Faculty Appreciation Week. Pick up or dine-in. Also, offer free delivery for orders $80 or more to faculty and/or departments this week.
- McDonald’s restaurants – 10 percent off any order during Faculty Appreciation Week at the Cumberland Avenue McDonald’s, as well as the McDonald’s on Western Avenue, in Windsor Square Shopping Center, in Farragut and in Lenoir City. Free samples of new Caramel and Mocha Frappes available upon request.
- Graphic Creations –15 percent discount year-round. Ask for the faculty discount at the time of order.
- McMillin’s – 10 percent off during Faculty Appreciation Week.
- Museum of East Tennessee History – free admission for faculty and their entire families during Faculty Appreciation Week. Must present faculty ID.
- Banana Republic at West Town Mall – 15 percent discount with faculty ID (through end of 2010)
- Salon Rock – $5 discount on haircuts or 10 percent discount on memberships. Call 865-456-2685 for more info.
- Alumni Hall at West Town Mall and Turkey Creek – 15 percent discount on purchases.
- Earth Fare – 5 percent off total purchase (every Wednesday) at Turkey Creek and Bearden Locations.
- Old College Inn – 20 percent off food for the week. Faculty must show their UT ID.
To see a full list of discounts offered year-round for UT faculty and staff, see http://hr.utk.edu/emp_rel_discounts.shtml.
Wednesday, Feb. 17
- Discount tickets to UT men’s basketball vs. Georgia. Faculty can get $7 tickets by logging onto http://www.uttix.com. Click on VOLS TIX at top of page, choose “GROUP TICKET WINDOW,” and sign in (ID=faculty; password=staff). There is a $1.25 processing fee.
Thursday, Feb. 18
- Faculty Fellows Reception. This invitation-only event is for some of the campus’ best and brightest faculty members. It will be held from 5:30 to 7 p.m. in the University Center Executive Dining Room.
Monday, Feb. 22
- “Night at the Museum.” To be held from 5 to 6:30 p.m. at McClung Museum, this event will include a reception with hors d’oeuvres, a scavenger hunt and a presentation about how to use the museum’s resources in courses. The event is hosted by the Tennessee Teaching and Learning Center and the McClung Museum and sponsored by the Provost’s Office.
- Discount tickets to UT Lady Vols vs. LSU. Faculty can get $7 tickets by logging onto http://www.uttix.com. Click on LADY VOLS TIX at top of page, choose “GROUP TICKET WINDOW,” and sign in (ID=faculty; password=staff). There is a $1.25 processing fee.
Tuesday, Feb. 23
- Free continental breakfast for faculty. Sponsored by Student Alumni Associates, breakfast will be available from 7 to 9:30 a.m. at Tyson Alumni House.
- Faculty luncheon colloquium. The Tennessee Teaching and Learning Center is hosting a colloquium, “Applying the Results of New Brain Functioning Studies to Teaching Today’s College Students,” at noon in the University Center Shiloh Room. The colloquium will be presented by Jan Allen, former UT Knoxville graduate school assistant dean and current associate dean of arts and sciences at Columbia University. Free for faculty but RSVP is required. To RSVP, e-mail email@example.com by noon Friday, Feb. 19. Box lunches will be pr0vided for those who RSVP.
- “Charley’s Aunt” and reception at Clarence Brown Theatre. Due to high demand, all tickets have been distributed for this event. Another free showing of “Charley’s Aunt” for faculty will be held on March 2. For more information, go to http://www.tennessee.edu/system/events/employeeappreciation/index.html.
EDUCATORS HALL OF HONOR
Honor a favorite faculty member and help UT College of Education, Health and Human Services complete a donor’s $1 million challenge.
With a $1,000 contribution, a donor can nominate an educator for the Hall of Honor. For a contribution of $25,000 or more, a separate scholarship endowment fund will be established in the honoree‘s or donor’s name.
The next group of Hall of Honor inductees will be announced during a ceremony on March 29.
To learn more about the Educators Hall of Honor and how to nominate someone, see: http://cehhs.utk.edu/AlumniTest/hall_of_honor.html.