KNOXVILLE – Twenty-two community leaders, alumni and university volunteers have been named to the UT Knoxville Chancellor’s Associates. The group, established in 1972, exists to strengthen the tie between the university and the Knoxville community at large. There are currently 63 members of the Chancellor’s Associates, each serving a three-year term of office.
Each month during the academic year, the Associates meet for breakfast to learn more about the university. Featured at the meeting are top-notch faculty, students and administrators. Associates are encouraged to share information gleaned from these meetings.
This year’s chair is Bruce Bosse, president of Merit Construction. The chair-elect is Rhonda Rice, executive vice president of the Knoxville Chamber.
The following are the new members for the 2009-2010 academic year:
- Ursula Bailey, attorney, Stacy, Whitt & Cooper
- Andy Black, president & CEO, Helen Ross McNabb Center Inc.
- Gerald Boyd, manager, Oak Ridge Office, U.S. Department of Energy
- Michelle Buchanan, associate laboratory director, Physical Sciences, Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- Justin Cazana, director of leasing and marketing, Commercial & Investment Properties
- Dana Christensen, associate laboratory director, Energy and Engineering, Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- Susan Edwards, vice president of communications & environmental stewardship, Knoxville Utilities Board
- John Farinella, executive vice president & COO, Edfinancial Services
- Laura Heinz, general counsel, Wood Properties Inc.
- Terry Henley, agency owner, Terry Henley Allstate Insurance Agencies
- Jennifer Holder, vice president of marketing & corporate communications manager, First Tennessee Bank
- Larry Leibowitz, attorney/partner, Leibowitz & Cohen
- John McKittrick, president & CEO, ORNL Federal Credit Union
- Les Mirts, CEO, Dealers Warehouse Corp.
- John Pace III, senior vice president, BB&T
- Les Reed, vice president, production, B&W Y-12
- Elisabeth Rukeyser, retired, community volunteer
- Terry Turner, president, All Occasions Party Rentals
- Ann Walker, associate chair & assistant professor, Tennessee Wesleyan College, Fort Sanders Nursing Department
- David Watson, executive director, East Tennessee Community Design Center
- Marilyn L. Wohl, community volunteer
- Tim Young, CEO, Summit Medical Group
To see a list of all current Chancellor’s Associates members and learn more about the program, visit http://alumni.utk.edu/programs/chancellors/.
C O N T A C T :
Steve Catlett, (865-974-3011, email@example.com)
Beth Gladden, (865-974-9008, firstname.lastname@example.org)