KNOXVILLE — Sen. Howard Baker will address full-time MBA graduates at their hooding ceremony on Dec. 12 at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville.

The event will be special for Baker because his grandson — Daniel Baker, 26, of Brentwood — will be one of the 86 graduates.

Senator Howard Baker
Senator Howard Baker
The ceremony will take place at 10 a.m. on Friday, Dec. 12, in Cox Auditorium in the Alumni Memorial Building. The event is open to the public.

“It’s a privilege for me to address these students, especially since my grandson will be among those earning their MBAs. I spoke at his undergraduate graduation from UT Knoxville, too,” Baker said.

“I remember with fondness my own days at UT, and I see how my college experiences have helped me throughout my career,” he said. “I enjoy the opportunity to share some of my life experiences with these young business leaders. Their generation will play a big role in leading our country back to economic well-being.”

Hooding marks the completion of this intensive 17-month MBA program for business leaders who are launching, changing or refocusing their careers. The program has a required summer internship and required international experience. Students choose a concentration in finance, marketing, logistics, operations or entrepreneurship and innovation.

In addition to its full-time MBA program, the College of Business Administration offers four MBA programs for working professionals: the Professional MBA program, a 16-month weekend program for participants within driving distance of Knoxville; the Executive MBA program, a one-year program for executives who operate in a global business environment; the Physician Executive MBA program, a one-year, program that emphasizes management skills in a health care context; and the Aerospace MBA program, a one-year program that teaches the business of aerospace.

Contacts:

Cindy Raines, (865) 974-4359, craines1@utk.edu

Amy Blakely, (865) 974-5034, amy.blakely@tennessee.edu