KNOXVILLE — The University of Tennessee, Knoxville’s Web site has been honored for Best Information Architecture at the eduWeb Conference held last week in Atlantic City, N.J.

The award for Best Information Architecture is a measure of a Web site’s usability and findability.

In addition, UT was nominated in two other categories, including Best Overall Web site and Best Visual Design. Nominations were made by peers.

Erik Bledsoe, assistant director of Creative Communications in the Office of Communications and Marketing, said he was proud of his dedicated team.

“We are particularly pleased by this award and the other nominations we received because they were selected by our peers across the nation,” Bledsoe said. “Before we launched the current version of utk.edu, I challenged my team and told them if UT is a Top-45 public university, I wanted its website to be Top 25. I think the team rose to the challenge and exceeded my goals.”

The eduStyle Higher-ed Web Awards presented at the eduWeb Conference recognized colleges and universities with the best work displayed in their websites.

For a list of the nominees and winners, please visit http://www.edustyle.net/awards/winners.php.

Contacts:

Erik Bledsoe (865-974-5920, bledsoe@utk.edu)