UT Offers Programs For Social Workers
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. — The University of Tennessee College of Social Work is offering continuing education workshops for professional social workers this spring across East Tennessee. Social workers, clinicians, administrators, counselors, educators and other human service providers are invited to attend. Dates, workshop subjects, locations and fees are:
* March 15 — Domestic Violence: Methods of Murder Prevention, Nashville, $40.
* March 18 — Substance Abuse Treatment: Helping Clients Face Shame and Grief, and Treating the Impaired Professional, Madison, $65.
* March 21 — Help for our Troubled Children: Clinical and Agency Approaches, Johnson City, $45.
* March 25 — Introduction to Mediation and Conflict Resolution, Talbott, $35.
* April 13 — Expanding Your Computer Skills: Spreadsheet Specifics, Knoxville, $45; after March 22, $55.
* April 16 — New Directions in Post Trauma Responses, Knoxville, $55; after March 26, $65.
* April 17 — Teleconference on Living With Grief: After Sudden Loss, Nashville, Knoxville, Jackson, free.
* May 1 — Enhancing Practice Effectiveness, Clarksville, $30, after April 10, $40.
* May 23 — Chronic Illness: Journey of the Child and Family, Knoxville, $45; after April 26, $65.
For registration information on the May 23 workshop only, contact Bo or Abby at (423) 544-9190.
For all others, contact Karan Bailey at the UT Social Work Office of Research and Public Service at (423) 974-6015.