4/15/14 10:58 am •
Four students who spent two weeks in Croatia in March produced a thirty-minute program while they were abroad. It will air on WBIR on Easter Sunday, April 20. The program will be part of the UT TODAY show that airs at 11:30 a.m. The students’ trip was part of an exchange funded by a US State Department grant and led by Professor Sam Swan.
4/16/14 10:08 am •
UT professor emeritus and celebrated scenic designer Bob Cothran will be awarded the Clarence Brown Theatre Society Artistic Achievement Award at this year’s Clarence Brown Theatre Gala on Sunday, June 8. Tickets are now on sale for the 6:30 p.m. gala, which will be downtown at the Standard Knoxville, 416 West Jackson Avenue.
4/15/14 2:40 pm •
Monica Black, associate professor of history, has been named a fellow of the American Council of Learned Societies. This year, sixty-five ACLS fellowships were awarded to faculty to support research in the humanities and humanistic social sciences. The winners were selected from about 1,000 applicants.
4/15/14 12:37 pm •
Running into unexpected traffic congestion could largely become a thing of the past thanks to an idea presented by College of Engineering student Jianjiang Yang. Yang, a Ph.D. candidate in the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, recently took first place at the annual Tennessee Section meeting of the Institute of Transportation Engineers.
4/15/14 9:46 am •
Students from the College of Engineering’s Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering took part in the Chem-E-Car Competition at the Southern Regional Conference in Mayaguez, Puerto Rico, in March, taking home second place in the poster competition.
4/14/14 4:38 pm •
Facilities Services will conduct a seven day campus-wide steam outage in May. This outage is part of the project to upgrade the steam plant from coal fired boilers to natural gas.
4/14/14 3:02 pm •
Diners at the Ready for the World Café will continue their delectable travels with a taste of Japan on Thursday, April 17. The luncheon will be held at 11:30 a.m. in the UT Visitors Center. Lunch consists of steamed edamame, seaweed salad, a chef’s selection of handmade sushi, and a dessert sushi roll. Cost is $12 and the faculty-staff discount does not apply.
- Kids Can Explore, Discover, Play at UT Summer Camps
- UT Forum to Look at How TVA Determines its Energy Portfolio
- In Memoriam: Dozier Copeland Cade
- Interviews Begin This Week for Associate Vice Chancellor for Research
- Changes within the Division of Student Life
- Business Alumna Establishes Endowment for Grads to Golf Program
- Business Dean Emeritus Receives Leadership Award
UT in the News
- 4/09/14 • College of Engineering’s Dr. Han Addresses Inherent Red Light Camera Issues
- 4/08/14 • College of Engineering’s David Icove speaks to Canadian TV
- 4/04/14 • News Sentinel: Startup co-founded by UT grad swims on ‘Shark Tank’
- 3/21/14 • Andy White of UT Aerospace and Defense MBA Program In the News
- 3/14/14 • UT’s $4.9 million USDA Obesity Prevention Grant in the News
- 3/13/14 • WSJ: BDO USA Chief Looks to Grow Through Deals