3/10/14 12:27 pm •
The Lady Vols captured a record seventeenth SEC Championship on Sunday with a 71-70 victory over the University of Kentucky. The #6 Lady Vols have now won four of the last six SEC Tournament titles and seven of the last ten. The team now looks ahead to the NCAA championship tournament, which holds its first two rounds in Knoxville on March 22 and 24. The Lady Vols will pursue their “Grind for Nine,” to add a ninth national championship trophy to their collection.
3/06/14 4:32 pm •
Sandy, a prehistoric Native American sandstone statue of a kneeling male figure that is part of the permanent collections at UT’s McClung Museum of Natural History and Culture, is set to become the official artifact of the state of Tennessee.
3/10/14 10:55 am •
This year’s spring cleaning effort will kick off next week, giving campus departments a chance remove surplus equipment, used furniture, trash, and recyclables. The Spring Cleanup has become an annual effort for the campus to declutter and improve the look of academic buildings. The cleanup will begin with the Science and Engineering Research Facility on March 17, and will continue for fifteen weeks to include most academic buildings.
3/10/14 10:55 am •
The Spring Cleanup has been a great success in its first two years. The 2014 spring-cleaning effort kicks off on March 17 with the goal of decluttering and improving the look of academic buildings.
3/07/14 9:56 am •
Hundreds of middle and high school students from across East Tennessee gather on the UT campus today to celebrate National History Day.
3/07/14 9:45 am •
UT’s Office of Research and Engagement is hosting a national expert on academic reward systems for engaged scholarship. KerryAnn O’Meara, associate professor of higher education at the University of Maryland, will present “Rewarding Engaged Scholarship in Promotion and Tenure: Strategies for Action” at 1:00 p.m., Thursday, March 13, at the university.
3/06/14 5:31 pm •
UT Recycling will hold its annual Paper Purge Party March 10 through 14. During the event, UT Recycling employees will come to campus offices to collect unwanted bulky paper for the 2014 RecycleMania competition. All forms of paper are accepted, including hardback books, journals, paper with tape or staples, and spiral notebooks.
- Supercomputer Research Sheds Light on the Death of Stars
- Student-Produced News Program Starts Twentieth Season
- Saving the “Less Glamorous Wildlife” at Science Forum
- CCI Dedicates Hilda S. Murray Classroom
- Smokies Photos by Herbert M. Webster in New Digital Collection
- Research for Rural Appalachia Provides Winter Weather Tips
UT in the News
- 3/06/14 • McClung Museum Sculpture “Sandy” In the News
- 3/03/14 • WUOT: Internal Clocks and Bright Lights From Above
- 2/28/14 • The New Yorker: A Start in a Bottle
- 2/26/14 • News Sentinel: UT joins manufacturing hub
- 2/24/14 • The Detroit News: White House to unveil manufacturing institute headquartered in Canton
- 2/24/14 • News Sentinel: LED North America, Bandit install new lights at Thompson Boling